Sunday 14 July 2024

Back To Pelgraff -- first draft complete

 Been a while since I've made any posts here. I am going to try to be more conscientious about that, but if you're following this blog, I'm sure you won't believe me. Heck, I'm not sure that I believe myself.

In any event, latest news has me completing the first draft of Book 8 of the Yrden Chronicles, "Back to Pelgraff". Unfortunately, I think it needs more work than other first drafts I've written, so I can't give a real solid publication date, but I hope to have it out some time in the fall.

While I'm doing the old editing thing, I'm also working on Book 9, which will be titled something like "Trading Allegiances". I'm already about 15,000 words into it (about 50 pages) and it seems to be going a bit faster than "Back to Pelgraff", so there's a possibility that it will get published late this year as well -- but don't rely on that.

There may possibly be two more books in the series, but I'm hoping that Book 10 will finish it. Originally, when I thought this would be a simple, single, standalone novel and not a 10-book series, Book 10 was supposed to be that book. It will be a long one, and I've already written well over 200 pages in it. Once I finish "Trading Allegiances", I'll try to power through that one and have it out by the late summer of next year. After that ... who knows?

For those of you who have stayed with me thus far, thank you. I'll try to keep you better informed in the future.

D.A. Boulter.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment